The Spenborough Co-operative Trust is a charitable trust which supports the work of seven schools in our community. Co-operative Trusts are one way in which schools and partners can establish formal and sustainable collaborations to enable children and young people to achieve more through strong partnership arrangements. The Spenborough Co-operative Trust was formed on 1st May 2012.
Partners in the Trust are:
- Heckmondwike Primary School
- Headlands Church of England School
- The John Curwen Cooperative Primary Academy
- Littletown Junior, Infant and Nursery School
- Fairfield Special School
- Roberttown Church of England Junior and Infant School
- Spen Valley High School
- Hightown Junior Infant and Nursery School
Being part of the Trust we believe we can raise the achievements by;
- sharing ideas and best practices with Trust members
- working together on curriculum development
- creating shared services and working towards more effective economies of scale
- strengthening the way we provide for our children's education.
In April 2016 the Trust appointed Sarah Breeze to become ‘Enrichment Activity Facilitator’ for the Trust.
Sarah is hoping to develop the aims of the Trust which are around raising standards; improving services for children and their families; developing community links and activities and transition between schools. Sarah is particularly keen to hear from parents and members of the wider community about what activities you would like to see the Trust offer for your children, your families and adults.