Open Evening 2023
Year 6 students and their families are invited to our Open Evening on Thursday 28th September 2023 starting at 5:30pm.
As your child starts their final year at primary school, you will soon have to choose your preferred secondary school. I know from personal experience, this can be both an exciting and a nervous time for young people and their families. Therefore, when making this choice it is important you do so from an informed position, and to help you decide if Spen Valley High School is the right secondary school for your child, we would like to invite you and your child to our Open Evening on Thursday 28th September from 5:30pm to 8:00pm. This will give you an opportunity to:
- Hear me speak about our ethos, values and what makes Spen unique
- Meet our curriculum staff, and ask them questions about the different subjects on offer and the programmes of study they follow
- Meet our pastoral staff and discuss the many ways we support students’ personal development and well-being
- Look at our extensive facilities - including subject specialist rooms
- See displays of our students’ work
- Speak to our amazing students and gain first hand, what it is like to be a student at SVHS
- Take part in a variety of activities and workshops
- See sample uniforms on display
- Visit our Dining Room and Bistro to sample the types of food on offer
- And finally meet Steve and Ralph our well-being dogs, and Moss our tortoise
There is also a wealth of information on our website and I encourage you to read this as well as coming to visit us in person.
We really do hope you will be able to attend this event as meeting us in person is a much better way of finding out how we support our students.
Ms Hayley Clacy
How to Book
Open Evening will be for Year 6 students and their Parents/Carers. There are two presentations from our Headteacher Ms Clacy during the evening. Due to high demand we ask that you book tickets for the one you would like to attend. The link to Eventbrite is below for each time slot. You are welcome to arrive before the time slot you have booked to take a tour of the school or you can look around after you have heard Ms Clacy speak.
Headteacher's speech at 6pm:
Headteacher's speech at 7pm:
We look forward to meeting you. If you would like any further information or have any questions before the open evening please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01924 405451